Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Activation System malfunctions, company promises fix

Microsoft Windows users on the version 10 Pro have been in for a rude surprise recently where they were greeted with a message saying that the key used is for Windows 10 Home and that they need to install it again. This appears to have been a critical issue that was caused by the Windows Activation System Server malfunction. And this has not affected just a few people, in a short span of time, there seems to have been numerous reports to which Microsoft admins have reported back saying that the company is working on a solution which will be deployed soon.

One Reddit user talks about the issue and says, “All of a sudden after years of having this key which was from windows 8 pro then migrated to windows 10 for free, I got a notification saying my key is Windows 10 home version and that I need to install it.”

Another user says, “I am having the same problem. It’s even gone as far as my digital entitlement is gone from my Microsoft account and I have a Windows 10 home key now. Windows is deactivated because I went from Windows 10 Pro to home and it doesn’t match anymore. Where did my digital license go though.. I hope it comes back.”

This shows that the case is not just stranded to ones that have bought the Windows 10 Pro key, but ones, that have upgraded from Windows 8 Pro. People have taken to Twitter as well to complain about the issue and there seems to be no workaround for it at present.

WATCH: Apple iPad Pro 2018 Hands-on

But Microsoft has already replied back saying it is working on a fix and one of its moderators posted saying, “Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries.I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft’s activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated. Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days.”